Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Eventful Weekend

Good Morning All. Well this weekend has been slightly eventful to say the least. First of all, JT's Tahoe is on its last leg. Like it only cranks when it wants to. So in an executive decision to be able to afford a car, we have decided to move to the small house behind his grandmother's (GiGi). Our lease was up yesterday, so we are going to sign month to month until we can get everything moved out, cleaned, and moved in. There are pro's and con's to this decision. Some of the major pro's is that we can save money. I have credit card debt from college, and with a car payment, this will give us a chance to get some things paid off. I am grateful for that. Another plus is a fenced in back yard! The downside, no kitchen. If you know me, you know that I LOVE to cook. But this gives me another reason to get creative with things! I have my crockpot, George Foreman, Toaster Oven, now all I need stove burner type thing.
Also this weekend I renewed my library card. I figured why buy books when you can borrow. I am interested in the Emily Giffin series, but the library only had "Love The One You're With" and "Baby Proof" on the shelf. So I got both, as well as "One 5th Ave" by Candace Bushnell. So these three are the beginning of my summer reading list. I also want to read Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love" before the movie comes out this summer. I saw the previews during SATC2 and was excited because I feel like Julia Roberts needs a good movie. How lucky is Miss Gilbert? I think every American woman dreams of being played by Miss Julia in a film adaptation of our lives!

Now onto SATC2, which will be a whole seperate blog itself, I was extremely disappointed! I will provide you guys a complete analysis when I have time but because I love the brand, I appreciate the movie, but I was let down comepletely by Darren Star and SJP as writers. Anyhoodle... much to catch up on at work. In the mean time, what are you all reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a recessionista taking shortcuts to turn your favorite fashion trends, recipes,and creative projects into affordable, do-able, options. Making designer trends and delicious treats... do-able