Wednesday, May 19, 2010

JT and Me + the Doggie makes 3... in a Queen sized bed


I do not have kids of my own. Although I love my beautiful step-daughter Ashtyn, I have never had to deal with a baby/toddler in the bed. But what I have had to deal with is a 100-pound black labrador named Blue. Blue has slept in the bed with us since he was around 8 months old. Some nights he sleeps at the foot of the bed, but most nights he inches his way between JT and I. And some nights he even takes over a pillow. Other than the excess hair and lack of snuggle time with my hubby, one lab in the bed is not so bad. Here's the problem. Our second lab is 11 months old. She still sleeps in a crate. But nightly digs to get out when she has to go to the bathroom. And as soon as she hears the alarm go off in the mornings, she is ready to get out of the crate, go outside, and take my spot in the bed after breakfast.
We would love to have two labs in the bed but there is no room. We have a queen sized bed and the space is tight enough with a husband and Blue, much less add a 70 pound playful lab in the mix. So what is a girl to do? I feel as if we neglect Carolina by making her sleep in the crate still. I know we should probably get both dogs out of the bed, but at this point I am just not sure if that is possible... help!

1 comment:

  1. We have this problem too! Ray has 2 dogs and I have 1, so when I move in mine is going to have to sleep on the floor. 3 is just too many in the bed. Honestly, I want to put them all on the couch or something! And they wake me up soooo early too to go out. I say think long and hard before you put the other one in the bed because once you do, there is no going back.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a recessionista taking shortcuts to turn your favorite fashion trends, recipes,and creative projects into affordable, do-able, options. Making designer trends and delicious treats... do-able